To sign up as an Amazon seller, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Amazon Seller Central website: Go to sellercentral.amazon.com and click on the “Sign Up” button to create a new account.
- Choose your selling plan: Amazon offers two selling plans – Individual and Professional. The Individual plan has no monthly subscription fee but charges a per-item fee, while the Professional plan requires a monthly subscription fee but has lower per-item fees. Select the plan that best suits your selling needs.
- Provide your account information: Fill out the required information to create your Amazon seller account. This includes your name, email address, business name, and contact information.
- Verify your identity: Amazon may require identity verification for sellers. This typically involves providing your credit card information and verifying a phone number.
- Set up your payment method: Add your preferred payment method to receive payments for your sales on Amazon. This can be done by linking your bank account or setting up Amazon Pay.
- Complete your seller profile: Provide details about your business, including the type of products you plan to sell, inventory sources, and shipping methods.
- List your products: Use the Amazon Seller Central dashboard to create product listings for the items you want to sell. Include relevant details such as product title, description, images, pricing, and inventory quantities.
- Choose your fulfillment method: Decide whether you want to fulfill orders yourself (Merchant Fulfillment) or use Amazon’s fulfillment service (Fulfillment by Amazon – FBA). If you opt for FBA, you will need to follow additional steps to prepare and ship your products to Amazon’s fulfillment centers.
Regarding documentation, the specific requirements may vary depending on your location and the type of products you intend to sell. Generally, you will need the following documents:
- Business information: This includes your business name, address, contact information, and tax identification number (such as an EIN in the United States or a GSTIN in India).
- Bank account details: Provide the necessary information for Amazon to transfer funds to your bank account.
- Identity verification: Depending on your location, Amazon may require you to submit personal identification documents, such as a passport or driver’s license, to verify your identity.
- Product-related documentation: Certain categories or products may have specific requirements or restrictions. For example, if you plan to sell branded products, you may need authorization letters or invoices from the brand owners.
It’s important to carefully review Amazon’s guidelines and policies to ensure compliance and understand any additional documentation requirements specific to your situation.